ANZCA established the ANZCA Research Foundation to support medical research and education that saves lives, helps people to reclaim their health, and works to make life as pain-free as possible.
The foundation is committed to supporting the continuous improvement of health outcomes for patients. This is reflected in its purpose statement:
- Raise funds for medical research and education in Australia, New Zealand and internationally, to:
- Increase the safety and comfort of patients undergoing anaesthesia and sedation.
- Improve outcomes for critically ill patients following surgery or trauma.
- Improve the treatment of acute pain, cancer pain and persistent non-cancer pain.
2. Support the College’s international projects and activities.