Effective Management of Anaesthetic Crises (EMAC)
EMAC addresses clinical and non-clinical skills relevant to the effective management of anaesthetic emergencies.
• Understand medical error and adverse events.
• Undertake risk assessment, exercise judgement and formulate plans, which optimise patient safety.
• Respond rapidly in an emergency and apply systematic principles of emergency management.
• Develop competency in procedures including: direct and indirect intubation techniques; emergency surgical airway; cardiopulmonary resuscitation; cardioversion.
• Work effectively within a team and as a team leader.
The course is presented as five modules over 2.5 days:
1. Human factors
2. Airway emergencies
3. Cardiovascular emergencies
4. Anaesthesia emergencies
• Procedural skills training
• Integrated procedural skills training (Clinical)
• Problem-based learning
• Pause and discuss scenarios
• Immersive Scenarios & reflective debriefing
Level 6, Kolling Building - RNSH, Westbourne St,
Simulation and Skills Training
29 Jun - 01 Jul
12 AM - 12 AM